University of Johannesburg Doornfontein Campus
University of Johannesburg (UJ) (Doornfontein Campus) in Doornfontein, Johannesburg, Gauteng
University of Johannesburg: Doornfontein Campus, The Doornfontein Campus used to be the Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR), also known as Wits Technikon. It is situated Jphannesburg CBD and borders Hillbrow, Bertrams and New Doornfontein.
University of Johannesburg: Doornfontein Campus, It was merged with Rand Afrikaans University and some of the campuses of Vista University to form the University of Johannesburg in 2005.
The Doornfontein Campus comprises of 84 lecture rooms providing 5 142 seats.
- Health & Sciences
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Diploma Courses (a selection only)
- Engineering – Chemical, Metallurgy, Industrial, Mining, Computer systems.
- Sport – Management, Psychology, Communications, Development
- Town and Regional Planning
- Emergency Medical Care
University of Johannesburg: Doornfontein Campus, The residences cccommodate approximately 2 000 students. Each residence has television lounges, games rooms, parking and laundry facilities and either catered or self-catering accommodation.
- Basetsana Day-House
- Dale Lace
- Robin Crest
- Sun Valley
- Rolane Court
- UJ Doornfontein Campus Squash Centre – includes 4 courts and a grand stand.
- Two state-of-the-art Internet Café Style Cyber Centres – access to information technology, the worldwide web, e-mail and educational software.
The Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR) was founded in 1903 as the Transvaal Technical Institute, established initially to serve the mining industry. More than three-quarters of a century later, the TWR continues serving its students and the communities. it offers quality career higher education, now under the banner of the University of Johannesburg as the Doornfontein Campus . It has conferred degrees since 1996.
2001 Doornfontein, Johannesburg
Gauteng, South Africa